Monday, August 25, 2008

It's Not Easy

I haven't stopped thinking about the decisions I need to make. This isn't an easy time right now. And it's made more difficult with someone who is still devoted to you.

I don't want to give off the wrong idea. I love him. I truly do. And I'm comfortable with our life. But, I don't know that I want to be just comfortable. I know, having someone who is like a favorite pair of sweat pants is great. I know he'll always be here. I know he'll always fit me.

But, doesn't a person deserve more than just comfort?

And, I'm not talking Cinderella and Prince Charming and living happily ever after. I gave up on the fairy tale years ago. I know that there's no glass slipper, no castle, no white horse. I know that the butterflies fade after time. But doesn't a person deserve someone who shares more than a few interests? Or, for that matter, someone who shares more of the interests that they do?

No comments:

Post a Comment