Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'm Ba-ack!!!! (The Vacation Post)

Well, Hubby drove off to work about 45 minutes ago. I'm already on the computer checking things. I don't have a problem. No, not at all.

We began vacation with dropping the kids at my father-in-law's and then tubing down the Delaware River. What a wonderful, relaxing day. Just letting the current of the river take you down. Here's some pictures here: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=jy3wjr5.68o8z3q9&x=0&y=-trd0fb&localeid=en_US

The remainder of vacation was wonderful! We had such a blast at the amusement park (Knoebels). It was like a huge county fair and so not like any other amusement park. It was free to walk in, you only had to pay per ride (or buy an all-day wristband like we did), pay for any games you wanted to play and, of course, food and drink. We rode trains and carousels. The kids rode everything they could. It was great.

The next day, we drove from the hotel to Steamtown. This is a national historic park as well as a working train yard. We got to ride on an old steam train that pulled two antique coaches. We got to see this engine and tender pull onto the turntable. We got to read about the history of the rails. We then got to ride on a 1929 trolley through the streets of Scranton. That was so cool!

After Steamtown, we went to Claws 'N Paws. This is a medium-sized zoo with all kinds of animals. This was pretty cool. Got to see all kinds of animals. Got to feed and pet some, including a giraffe! That was the best! I even got to see my favorite animal - Bengal tigers. What gorgeous animals they are!

On Sunday, we had the Princess' party. The weather was perfect. The park was wonderful. The kids behaved. Friends and family joined us. We had such a good time. Of course, my gut decided that I had had enough fun, but I didn't let it ruin my little girl's day. I made sure that she still had a perfect day. Which I think she did. She looked so happy and she looked like she was having the time of her life. Which made the pain that I was in worth it.

So, here's photos from the road trip: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=jy3wjr5.68o8z3q9&x=0&y=-trd0fb&localeid=en_US.
And here's photos from the party: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=jy3wjr5.bv3y7cv5&x=0&y=-vbis4m&localeid=en_US.

So, all-in-all, we had a good vacation. Got to spend time together. Got to take an impromptu road trip. Got a birthday party in.

No comments:

Post a Comment