Saturday, October 25, 2008

Boar's Head Reuben


First post about food. And why shouldn't I post about food? We all have to have food of some kind. Personally, I'm a meat and potatoes kind of gal. Steak? Yes. Lobster? Yes. Fish? Yes. Venison? Yes. But, that picture up there? That has to be one of my top favorite foods to eat. A simple Reuben sandwich.

This one is a bit different than others I've had. Because it's made at a grocery store (the one I work at...I cut the meat and cheese and assemble these), sauerkraut can't be used because the bread would soak it up and be all gross. These are the ingredients used:
  • Boar's Head corned beef
  • Boar's Head Swiss cheese
  • leaf lettuce
  • tomato slices
  • cole slaw
  • 1,000 island dressing
  • pretzel roll

Now, just the Boar's Head stuff alone is enough to make the taste buds water. But, add the other ingredients, and you've got a party in your mouth!

This was the first I had had of a Reuben that was made with cole slaw. And I must tell you that I was a bit apprehensive. But, one bite and that apprehension was gone! It flew right out the window! The slaw that they used yesterday morning for this sandwich had just the right amount of bite to it. I was very impressed.

I'm not saying that this is hands down, the best Reuben I've had (which it's not, by far), but it is an eatable one. I would definitely have another. And maybe another after that....

No comments:

Post a Comment