Sunday, September 21, 2008

First Weekend Over

So, I dropped my babies off at the house tonight. :( They both zonked out in the car on the way home, so I didn't even get to do anymore than just kiss them goodbye.

Tomorrow, they begin daycare. Before and after school care at the school that Princess goes to. We haven't checked this place out or even met the person who runs it, so tomorrow morning, I will meet Mr. X at the school so I can be there to meet and see this place. It's very important to me to be included in the decision on where our children will be going to daycare. I've been their provider for five years now. It's not going to be easy to just stop. Although, I have already been forced to do that.

Our weekend was wonderful! We got lost going to the store yesterday, but we found our way. I got a new camera (so I don't have to fight for the other one at the house). And we proceeded to the park. They had a great time climbing and sliding and swinging. They made a couple of little friends and had a great time chasing them and playing.

Today was a little more laid back. They wanted to play at the house and watch videos. So, we watched Lilo and Stitch and then Cars. They played and I combined working and playing with them. Finally, the videos were over and we took off for the village for fun on the carousel and looking at scarecrows. We three had so much fun playing arcade games and winning prize tickets. Princess and I played air hockey (yes!) while Little Man watched. We three played Skee Ball and games of chance. And, when it was all over, we turned in our tickets (I gave the kids mine) and then we got our tickets for the carousel.

Little Man was getting tired by this point. He gave me a little trouble about getting on a horse, but all was good. Of course, then he didn't want his picture taken, but I did anyway. Princess had a blast and posed for every picture I wanted to take.

Once off the carousel, we walked outside to look at the scarecrows. I began taking pictures of some neat ones and then Princess wanted to snap pics. I gave her the camera and she took some of the pics of the scarecrows. She's a great little photographer! Little Man told us which ones to take pictures of.

Alas, though, all good things must come to an end. Come five o'clock, we had to start walking back to the car as Mr. X wanted them home by six. They were pretty good about leaving. And so-so about going back to the house. But, it's something we all have to get used to. Unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment