Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Accomplishments Today

I know that the mundane things I'm about to list are normal for some people, but not for me. I get busy doing stuff and forget to do the little things like eating. But today, I have accomplished quite a bit:

1. Made patterns for garb
2. Took a shower
3. Started finishing a Viking weave circlet
4. Brushed my teeth
5. Ate lunch
6. Made list for stuff needed at stores

Yes, the mundane. But as I said, I get busy doing stuff and forget important things that need to be done for myself. But today, I accomplished quite a bit if I do say so myself. People don't understand how I can forget to do things, but my brain goes in so many directions that if I don't write it down, I'll forget. Sometimes, I'll even make a list of things that have to be done so I can remember.

I can't wait until December when I go have my memory tested. Forgetting even the small stuff (like nourishment) is a big deal. And maybe the tests will shed some light on why my short term memory is all but gone and older memories are fading. There's a lot that I don't want to forget, but those, too, are fading. So, if I don't remember to shower one day, please don't fault me for it. It's just that it somehow slipped through the ever widening cracks in my brain. Also, if I don't remember your name, it's the same reason. I'll know your face, but won't know your name. Which lately, that's a problem because I'm meeting so many new people.

I'll get through this. It's just a bump in the road. And maybe the brain doctor will have suggestions on how to remember things better. Maybe she'll help me re-wire the memory lobes in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment