Friday, December 12, 2008

Made it Through

Well, the snarkiness is gone. By yesterday morning, I felt much better. Maybe there's something in getting a good night's sleep. I had taken some sleeping pills Wednesday night, and then slept in a little bit on Thursday. Possibly that had something to do with it.

I am so happy. I have found a kindred spirit at work. We've been comparing our obsessive compulsive tendencies the past couple of days. We shared a snarky day on Wednesday. Its quite fun to know that I'm not alone in the nastiness nor the way that I tend to obsess over the stupidest things.

For instance, when I open a bag of M&M's, I have to sort them by color and then eat them from most of a color to least. Don't ask me why. And if someone happens by and steals one, they have to steal in order. Finn stole one out of order last night and I nearly had a heart attack. He laughed at me and then I laughed at myself. But seriously, this is a tragedy. Why does he not understand that M&M's need to be taken in order? Grrrrrrrrrrr.

And then, when I'm loading the dishwasher, silverware has to be grouped together. Forks need to live with other forks and spoons with other spoons, etc. If this does not happen, I will re-organize the dishwasher. Yes, folks, I will seriously rearrange the dirty silverware. Think about this one, though - it makes unloading that much easier because these items are already sorted! And the dishes, well, like dishes need to go together. Duh!

Making the bed? Covers have to be even on both sides. If they're not, the bed is messy and needs to be redone.

But, my friend at work understands this! We were discussing it again today. Finn overhead us and just shook his head. I love this! It makes me feel less like a freak! I mean, I'm a goof, but that I can live with. Being a freak is just odd. I've embraced being a nut. I've embraced being a goof. But, I just cannot embrace being a freak. And knowing I'm not the only one who tends to have obsessive compulsive tendencies means I am not a freak!

1 comment:

  1. I am with you on the M&M's however I eat them from least to greatest! Husband thinks it is silly.

    ReplyDelete